Tuition Auction Rules
- All items are for tuition only, and must be used in the upcoming school year or by the date specified by the school.
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College has donated a partial tuition for one semester. Xavier University has donated full undergraduate tuition for one semester.
- Each high bidder is responsible for any difference between the partial amount donated and their school’s full tuition.
- All tuitions EXCLUDE registration fees, books, & any fees.
- All students must have been accepted for entrance to the school prior to the auction. All sales are final.
- All bids must be in $25 increments or greater.
- Bidding is now open on ALL SCHOOLS!!
- All bidders must be at least 18 years or older.
How To Bid
- Call (504) 866-3200 or 1-800-725-7411.
- Give the volunteer the NAME & ITEM NUMBER of your school.
- Give your bid amount. (Dollar amount)
- Bids must be in increments of at least $25, and bids greater than that immediately become the new current bid.
- Give your name, and the phone number(s) where you can be reached this evening.
- Keep calling back! Keep bidding!
- You can call in a bid on your school until the school goes into BID-OFF.
- NO incoming calls will be taken on the schools which are in the Bid-Off process.
- The school will be closed to bidding when the highest bid has been determined.
How Our Bid-Offs Work
- Stay by your phone for the Bid-Off.
- Following each Bid-Off Announcement, the top one to five bidders MAY be called back on auction night to participate in a bid-off. These bidders will be given the option of continuing in the bidding process.
- The auction boards will be CLEARLY MARKED indicating which schools are CLOSED to NEW bidders and are in the BID-OFF process.
- You can continue to bid on your school until it goes into BID-OFF!!
- The IRS stipulates that a charitable contribution is deductible ONLY to the extent that it EXCEEDS the value of the item.
- For further explanation, please consult your tax advisor.
- Payment can be made by check or money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover beginning the day after the auction.
- For elementary schools, full payment must be received prior to Friday, April 25, 2014.
- For high schools & colleges, at least a 50% downpayment is due by Friday, April 4, 2014 & the balance is due in up to 2 payments, on Friday, April 25, 2014 and Friday, May 23,2014. First installments (or full payment) on credit cards are normally processed the day after the auction. Full payment for high schools & colleges must be completed by May 23, 2014.
- Check payments should be made payable to WLAE-TV and brought or mailed to: WLAE-TV, Administrative Offices 3330 North Causeway Blvd., Suite 345, Metairie, LA 70002.
- For payment questions call Tammy Cardinale at (504) 830-3708.
- A RECEIPT will be issued to the HIGH BIDDER of each school & the principal or admissions office.
- All sales are final.
- Thanks for participating in the First NBC Bank Tuition Auction.