Tuition Auction Rules
- All items are for tuition only, and must be used in the upcoming school year or by the date specified by the school.
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College & Loyola University have donated partial tuitions for one semester.
- Each high bidder is responsible for any difference between the partial amount donated and their school’s full tuition.
- All tuitions EXCLUDE registration fees, books, & any fees.
- All students must have been accepted for entrance to the school prior to the auction.
- All bids must be in $25 increments or greater.
- Bidding opens for all schools at 4 p.m. the day of the Auction. You do not have to wait for your school to appear to begin bidding.
- All bidders must be at least 18 years or older.
How To Bid
- Call (504) 866-3200 or 1-800-725-7411.
- Give the volunteer the NAME & ITEM NUMBER of your school.
- Give your bid amount. (Dollar amount)
- Bids must be in increments of at least $25, and bids greater than $25 immediately become the new current bid.
- Give your name, and the phone number(s) where you can be reached this evening.
- Keep calling back! Keep bidding!
- You can call in a bid on your school until the school goes into BID-OFF.
- NO incoming calls will be taken on the schools which are in the Bid-Off process.
- The school will be closed to bidding when the highest bid has been determined.
How Our Bid-Offs Work
- Stay by your phone for the Bid-Off.
- Following each Bid-Off Announcement, the top one to five bidders MAY be called back on auction night to participate in a bid-off. These bidders will be given the option of continuing in the bidding process.
- The auction boards will be CLEARLY MARKED indicating which schools are CLOSED to NEW bidders and are in the BID-OFF process.
- You can continue to bid on your school until it goes into BID-OFF!!
- The IRS stipulates that a charitable contribution is deductible ONLY to the extent that it EXCEEDS the value of the item.
- For further explanation, please consult your tax advisor.
- Payment can be made by check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
- For Elementary schools, full payment must be received prior to Friday, April 26, 2013.
- For Colleges & High Schools, 50% downpayment is due on Thursday, March 28, 2013 & the balance is due in 2 payments, on Friday, April 26, 2013 and Friday, May 24, 2013.
- Payment must be completed by May 24, 2013.
- Check payments should be made payable to WLAE-TV and brought or mailed to: WLAE-TV, Administrative Offices 3330 North Causeway Blvd., Suite 345, Metairie, LA 70002.
- Winners paying by credit card will have their charge accounts billed within three days following the auction.
- For payment information call Tammy Cardinale at (504) 830-3708.
- Payments can be made beginning March 25, 2013 between 9:30am & 5:30pm.
- A RECEIPT will be issued to the HIGH BIDDER of each school & the principal or admissions office.
- All sales are final.
- Thanks for participating in the First NBC Bank Tuition Auction.