Tuition Auction Rules for Air & Web 2015
Here are the rules for the 2015 First NBC Bank Tuition Auction.
-All items are for “base” tuition only, and must be used in the upcoming school year or by the date specified by the school.
-Xavier University has donated full undergraduate tuition for one semester in the College of Arts & Sciences. Pharmacy students may apply this value to their tuition; remaining balance must be paid directly to Xavier University.
-Each high bidder is responsible for any difference between the amount donated and their school’s full tuition.
-All tuitions EXCLUDE registration fees, books, & any fees.
-All students must have been accepted for entrance to the school prior to the auction. All sales are final.
-Bidding opens online at wlae.com on Sunday, March 15, 2015 and will close when an item is sold through the “buy it now” option or by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 29 if the reserve value has been met by Tuition Auction night.
-All bidders must be at least 18 years or older.
Here’s HOW TO BID
– All bidding will be online this year!
– Go to wlae.com and click the 2015 Tuition Auction link.
– Register by following the prompts.
– You’ll get a verification email that assigns a username you can change after logging in with the password you chose.
– To bid, you’ll need to provide valid credit card, email address, physical address and phone number.
– For technical support, please see the excellent help sections on the auction website, or call
(504) 830-3717 (March 16-March 27, 2015 – Mon-Fri. only) or
(504) 866-3200 (Sunday, March 29, 2015 – 4-9 p.m. only.)
-The IRS stipulates that a charitable contribution is deductible ONLY to the extent that it EXCEEDS the value of the item.
-For further explanation, please consult your tax advisor.
-Payment can be made by check or money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover beginning the day after the auction.
-For ALL schools, at least a 50% down payment is due by Friday, April 3, 2015, and the balance is due by Friday, May 22. First installments (or full payment) on credit cards are normally processed the day after the auction.
-Full payment for ALL schools is due by Friday, May 22, 2015.
-Check payments should be made payable to WLAE-TV and brought or mailed to: WLAE-TV, 3330 North Causeway Blvd.-First Floor, Metairie, LA 70002.
– For payment questions call Tammy Cardinale at (504) 830-3708.
-A RECEIPT will be issued to the HIGH BIDDER of each school & the principal or admissions office.
-All sales are final.
-Thanks for participating in the First NBC Bank Tuition Auction.